If you want to make a big change towards a more self-sufficient life and maybe even start living off-grid, one of the main questions on your mind will be your budget. How much does it actually cost to move off the grid, buy a property that fits your goals, and start the life you’re dreaming about?
This is not a full post – it’s a recording of the live chat I had a while back on my Facebook page, Sunny Simple Living.
In this video, I show off the “roadmap to self-sufficiency” that DIY-man drew for me and talk about all the financial hurdles on the way there.
- Finding and buying a property
- Getting permits and paying for related services (there are always surprises along the way)
- Budgeting for infrastructure, tools and machinery, a garden (seeds, trees, soil, and other materials), animals,…
- Your own costs of living (and travel?), if you need to build a house and live on the property or closeby during that time
- All the small things that, together, amount to a lot
And much more…
If you’d like more inspiration to help you prepare for your new life off-grid, check out our post on 101 Things to do before you move to your off-grid property or download the checklist.
Want to get my insider tips & advice on off-grid living and be the first to learn about the latest Sunny Simple Living resources? Get on our mailing list here.